Today we are going to discuss one of the most important parts of getting dressed in the morning – whether you’re getting ready for a big interview or just heading out to work in the morning – and thats how to properly match a suit and tie.
- Red heads look good in green
- darker-skin men look good in light colors
- never have a pattern on your suit AND tie
- If you do, make sure they are not the same size pattern
Every person has their own unique sense of style but following these simple tips and tricks will keep you looking sharp and prepared to walk into any professional situation feeling confident. One of the most important steps you will take in your professional career is the job interview and being properly dressed will have you one leg up on the competition before the interview even starts.
It starts with slacks and a dress shirt. While that sounds simple enough there are many variations on this simple style that can make it seem difficult to match different colors and patterns together. If this is the case then the rule of thumb is to keep your colors simple. Keeping your outfit simple gives you a better opportunity to properly match colors together.
When it comes to matching you need to keep these things in mind
You don’t need to understand color theory to properly get dressed. Here are some more tips to follow when getting ready in the morning:
- Don’t go crazy with color. If you haven’t experimented with color before then stick with less intense colors like your Blues, Blacks, and Greens before expanding into bolder, brighter colors.
2. Understand color scheme. A simple way to keep track of color to pair lighter and darker versions of the same color. This is a monochromatic color scheme and its a simple way to add some flair to your look. Another color scheme involves pairing colors that fall next to each other on the color wheel, such as wearing a dark purple shirt with a blue tie. On the other end you could also pair colors that fall completely opposite each other on the color wheel, such as a blue shirt and a red tie, a classic look that provides great visual contrast.
3. Be careful with patterns. You don’t need to be scared of patterns and now that you have a better understanding of color, adding a pattern to your wardrobe is the next logical step. There are many different options – shirt and tie with a pattern, solid tie and patterned shirt, etc. – but the one rule of thumb to have when using multiple patterns is to vary the proportions of each design.
If you decide you want patterns you need to keep these things in mind:
- Pattern- The pattern shouldn’t be too distracting. The pattern on your shirt should not be the same pattern on your tie.
- Size- The size of your patterns should not be the same. Go with a bigger pattern on your shirt and a smaller pattern on your tie, or vice-versa.
If you decide to go with patterns keep in mind they should ALWAYS vary in size and design.
If you look at a color wheel, you can see it is broken down into cool colors and warm colors.
There are so many different combinations to be made and now you have the confident and ability to get dressed and make a killer first impression! Keep in mind, if you decide to go with patterns they should ALWAYS vary in size and design. And remember the color wheel, it can be very important to ensure your outfit has the right tone and overall impression. The wheel is divided into cool and warm colors.
You want to stay in the same tone… for example, a light blue shirt with a navy tie or a light blue and a soft green
So now that you have a general idea about color and pattern lets dig into some specific tips that could change the way you buy clothes when you are out shopping:
- Pick a tie that complements the shirt AND jacket. You shouldn’t purchase shirts and jackets with a specific tie in mind as it is much easier (and cheaper!) to build your wardrobe around your more expensive items of clothing such as the suit jacket and shirt.
- Purchase a tie that measures between 3-3.5 inches. Anything larger than that will look too big and goofy and something smaller runs the risk of looking too thin and trendy.
- The pattern of the tie should never exactly match the shirt. Its okay to mix patterns and Dots, Stripes, and Paisley are all good patterns to choose from.
As new styles emerge its important to understand versatility and changing the fabric of the tie is one way that you can do this. But be careful because you don’t want anything too flashy for a job interview or similar setting. Here are some different fabrics to keep in mind when shopping for a tie:
- Silk: there are different types of silk but a silk tie in general is one of the best things you can own to ensure a slick and professional look.
- Satin: a cheaper alternative to silk.
- Cashmere: not the best option for warm weather as the soft fabric can be very irritating when hot.
- Polyester: the best option when purchasing a tie on a budget, doesn’t quite live up to the silk tie.
Find us, Follow us, and like us on FACEBOOK for latest fashion Trends…
Click and SHARE…We would love to help your friends look smart…🕺💃
If you have any questions fill out the form below.
Our Blogs on Fashion...
2023 Wedding Suits Trends: New Collection at Suits Avenue in Kampala
2023 Wedding Suits Trends: New Collection at Suits Avenue in Kampala WhatsApp Chat 🔥 Introducing Suits Avenue’s New Wedding Suits: Trends from Turkey to Kampala🏆
Discover the Elegance of Quality: Suits Avenue’s 100% Leather Shoes and Boots
Discover the Elegance of Quality: Suits Avenue’s 100% Leather Shoes and Boots WhatsApp Chat 🔥 Introduction – The Importance of Quality Footwear🏆 May 22th 2023
Discover Excellence with Suits Avenue’s 100% Wool & Wool Blend Trousers
Discover Excellence with Suits Avenue’s 100% Wool & Wool Blend Trousers WhatsApp Chat 🔥 Introduction – The Significance of Quality Trousers🏆 May 15th 2023 If
Introducing the New Chestnut Brown 100% Wool Suit: Upgrade Your Style Game! | Suits Avenue
Introducing the New Chestnut Brown 100% Wool Suit: Upgrade Your Style Game! | Suits Avenue WhatsApp Chat 🔥 Introduction:🏆 May 8th 2023 Suits Avenue is
Wool Suits made in Turkey: The Ultimate Fashion Statement for Men in Kampala | Suits Avenue
Wool Suits made in Turkey: The Ultimate Fashion Statement for Men in Kampala | Suits Avenue WhatsApp Chat 🔥 Introduction:🏆 May 1st 2023 Wool Suits
The Versatility of Leather Boots: How and When to Wear Them | Suits Avenue
The Versatility of Leather Boots: How and When to Wear Them | Suits Avenue WhatsApp Chat 🔥 Introduction:🏆 Leather boots are undoubtedly a must-have item